Select Page

Air conditioning in the humid Queensland climate is a summer essential. As an air conditioner is a significant investment that can last upwards of 10 to 12 years, depending on the type of model you have, it’s important to know that if something goes wrong, your air conditioner will be covered.

Taking the time to check that your home insurance policy covers your air conditioner will give you peace of mind and could save you time and money in the event that your air conditioner becomes damaged.

Advanced Climate Solutions are your local air conditioning experts, providing affordable aircon services Brisbane wide, including AC installations, repairs, and maintenance. Call us today on 0403254272 for all of your air conditioning needs.

Types Of Home Insurance

There are a range of different types of insurance that cover buildings, furnishings, and fixings such as contents insurance, building insurance, and landlord insurance.

Disclaimer: Listed below are the general inclusions with each type of insurance. However, each individual policy will have different terms and conditions, providing various rates of coverage. For details on your specific insurance policy and whether or not your air conditioning unit is covered, contact your insurance provider directly.

Building Insurance

Building insurance is a type of home insurance that covers the structure of your home including permanent fixtures such as the walls, roof, floors, cabinets, etc. Other structures, such as a garage or carport, are typically also covered by building insurance. Building insurance also generally covers fixed appliances such as a dishwasher or air conditioning unit. However, if you’re not sure of the specific inclusions of your policy and provider, it’s always best to check.

Though your building insurance policy may state that fixed appliances such as your air conditioner are covered under the policy, this is only true if damage is caused by specified events such as fire, storm damage, earthquakes, lightning strike, etc. Damage caused by an accident or general wear and tear is unlikely to be covered under this insurance policy.

Contents Insurance

While building insurance is for the structure of your home, contents insurance is needed to cover your personal belongings in your home, from your furniture and carpets to TVs, computers, and other valuable items. Contents insurance protects against damage, theft, and loss of personal possessions, but does not include items that are permanent fixtures of the building, such as an air conditioning unit. Conversely, a portable air conditioner would be covered by contents insurance rather than building insurance as it is not a permanent fixture.

Contents insurance is suitable for both homeowners and renters as the tenants belongings will not be covered by the insurance of the homeowner. For homeowners, many insurance providers will allow you to combine both building insurance and contents insurance into a single policy known as home and contents insurance.

Landlord Insurance

Landlord insurance is essentially a combination of both building and contents insurance, covering the structure of the home, including permanent fixtures such as an air conditioner, as well as any contents at the property owned by the landlord.

However, landlord insurance also provides extra coverage to protect against loss caused by tenants. This means that in addition to covering your home and contents for damage caused by fire, storm, earthquakes, etc, you will also be covered for damage caused by tenants or their guests and even loss of rent as a result of a covered event.

Brisbane’s Air Conditioning Specialists

Advanced Climate Solutions are Brisbane’s air conditioning specialists. Whether you need repairs, preventative maintenance, or just some expert advice, we’ve got all of your air conditioning needs covered. Call us today on 0403254272  for reliable ducted and split system air conditioning services Brisbane wide.

Disclaimer: The above is general advice based on standard insurance policies in Australia. Insurance providers and policies may differ in coverage. If you’re not sure what is covered by your insurance policy, contact your provider directly for personalised advice.